In the Readings, God can not completely forgive King David even when he repents and begs for mercy. Like many others King David had broken the Commandments about adultery and murder and “despised God”. God came in person as Jesus, the divine-human, to create a new covenant of forgiveness. The Covenant of Jesus was that:
- Jesus would give up His sinless divine-human life on the cross for the sins of the whole world
- God would forgive the sins of those who believed in Jesus, repented and asked Jesus for forgiveness.
- Jesus would also be the Judge of who could have the Holy Spirit and eternal spiritual life
- Readings explain how we
- “Come to believe in the one He has sent”
- “Work for food that endures to eternal life”
- Celebrate the Covenant of Jesus in Holy Communion
- How do we come to believe in Jesus?