The readings (Exodus 16.2-5, Philippians 1.21-30 and Matthew 20.1-16) are examples of the kindness and generosity of God reaching out - of and the contrast with our human focus on entitlement, fairness and justice. This is the same kindness and generosity Lucille and I recently experiences in visiting John Sandford and his son Mark in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
1. God is generous and kind to the Hebrew people
When the Hebrew people are grumbling about the lack of food in the desert, God is generous kind.
- · God kindly overlooks their rebellious grumbling
- · Generously rains down bread in the form of manna, and meat in the form of quail.
- · Not just basic rations but a generous display of Gods' kindness and generosity
2. Paul is generous and kind to the Philippians