September 27, 2019
· Opening Prayer
· Readings and questions for discussion
· Closing Prayer and Prayer requests (daily bread)
· Time for personal conversation and private prayer
(Mt. 6.9-13 NIV 2013)
Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be your name,
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread,
And for give us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one
Jesus is teaching His disciples how to pray. They were all devout Jews and the Jews were a praying people. Everyone believed in God and believed God heard each individual prayer.
September 20, 2019
For What I Received I Passed On To You (1 Cor. 15.3)
(Men’s Cursillo Verse Oct. 2019)
Our mission on this Cursillo is to pass on to others what we have received. This includes both head knowledge and personal experience. The most important take-away from Cursillo is a life-changing experience of Christian community and witness. The experience itself verifies the teaching. This is the pattern of the Bible:
· Jesus performed a miraculous healing – then he gave a teaching
· We are all sceptics – need to see it or experience it ourselves
· Weekend is a series of experiences and teachings
· Experiences and teachings go deeper and deeper as the weekend progresses
1. What was it Paul experienced?
September 14, 2019
We are like the lost sheep that has been found. Someone has reached out to us at various times in our lives to re-connect us to the church and inclusion in God’s Kingdom on Earth. We have found meaning, purpose and a new spiritual life of joy in Jesus. The Readings challenge us to get up, go out, find and bring others home to Jesus. They teach us how to do this by:
· Being Discerning but not judgemental
· Being Loving, patient and forgiving
· Being Courageous in outreach
· Remembering apathy is a failure to love our neighbour
1. Being Discerning but not Judgemental
Jesus is giving a stinging rebuke to the Pharisees and teachers of the Law in the parable of the lost Sheep: