I had a humbling epiphany moment early Sunday as I was hurriedly typing the Preface for Epiphany into the laptop I use in celebrating the Eucharist - the Readings for the season of Epiphany reveal who Jesus is and God’s plan of salvation. I added a phrase in the car, revised it in my head and as I taught:
- · We are living in a culture that is unhappy, confused, lost and seeking meaning and new life.
- · Readings describe three Epiphany moments when Gods plan of salvation was revealed
- · Isaiah prophecies’ in Babylon that God will raise up a servant who will give Israel new life
- · John realizes that Jesus is the “lamb of God who will take away the sin of the world” and give us new life. (1.29)
- · Paul describes the new life of “grace given to you in Jesus Christ”. (1 Cor. 1.4)
1. Isaiah learned how God would gave the Israelites new life