The Parable of the Wedding Guest is another teaching on the Kingdom of God. The message is familiar from the previous parable of the Tenants. People are given something - a vineyard or an invitation to a banquet, and there is a test, and a wrong response that leads to exclusion.
- The issue is how do we respond to God’s invitation.
- Test is who pays rent or comes and wears the wedding garment
- Putting on the wedding garment is getting onside, committed
- Serious Christians put on Jesus, suffer, die and celebrate with Him
- They are the ones chosen for the Kingdom
- Those who attend church but are not all-in, exclude themselves.
1. The first guests who were invited refuse the invitation