· People had settled down, prospered and intermarried
· Some had begun worshiping other gods – idols etc.
· Like our time when many people worship materialism etc.
· Joshua called on them to make a real choice – to “come home”
· Weddings are a time to make a real choice to love one person
· Weddings are also a time to chose a church community where your life can be enriched by spiritual teaching, experience and fellowship
· Real letter written by a real person in the First Century
· Summarises the Good News of God’s love & forgiveness
· Jesus demonstrated a new kind of self-sacrificial love
· This choice breaks our stubborn hearts – when we “get it”
· Christians respond by loving Jesus, repenting their rebellion and turning to Him for forgiveness and reconciliation
· When we are reconciled the Holy Spirit can live in us
· Holy Spirit gives us the love, joy and peace we need to love others
· Wives need to feel physically and emotionally protected
· Husbands need to feel they are respected