· Baptism automatically guarantees salvation
· Believing Christians cannot be tempted and deceived by Satan
· Salvation through knowing the right doctrine vs relationship of love
· Repentance must be God-centred - being sorry for our rebellion
against God’s order and being destructive to others, Gods’ creation.
· Forgiveness is based on grace - Faith that Jesus died to pay for our sins
· Faith is trust in Jesus, His death on the Cross for our forgiveness.
This way to forgiveness is the Good News of the new Covenant made by Jesus. Repentance, based on the hope of forgiveness; is the doorway to a relationship with our Heavenly Father and eternal spiritual life in heaven.
· Replaced the worldwide cleansing / mass death of the Biblical Flood
· Individual Christians are Baptized into a spiritual Covenant with Jesus
· Renounce Satan and spiritual forces of evil
· Turn to Jesus in faith for forgiveness – intention is critical
· Promise to repent and return to the Lord if we fall into sin
· In Baptism we die emotionally and spiritually to all our past sins.
· Our life is linked spiritually to the life, death, resurrection of Jesus.
“If we have died with Him we shall rise with Him”.
· Theology of substitution death is hard to understand and believe.
· Time is different in the spiritual world - today’s sins can be repented and taken back 2,000 years to the Cross and be paid for.
· We still die for our own sins - die emotionally and spiritually That is the Good News of repentance and forgiveness in Jesus Name.
· We are forced to move either closer to the Father or farther away
· Those who move closer grow spiritually and experience God’s love.
· Rebels suffer, realize they are in trouble, repent and come home.
· Confession and Absolution is a regular part of our worship
· Healing Ministry is often helping people examine their lives to identify, repent and be forgiven from the guilt and shame affecting their life
· Holy Spirit wants to guide our lives and give us gifts – love, joy, peace
· Holy Spirit cannot bear to be around the un-holy, spiritual pollution
· Need to repent and seek forgiveness to create a holy space.
· Reason for self-examination, repentance