1. God created us to be in relationship with Him
- Personal experience of the supernatural makes Jesus real for us
- Teaching about Jesus helps us understand the experiences.
- Teaching about sin and forgiveness helps us clear out the spiritual pollution in our lives and come into the presence of a holy God
- Teaching prayer and Bible reading encourages people to invite the Holy Spirit into their lives and develop a relationship
2. God has revealed His desire for relationship in history
- The Good news is that we are not alone. God is still speaking to us
- Life in Christ begins in Baptism and grows stronger as we read the Bible to learn about Jesus and the God News of forgiveness
- Life In Christ becomes stronger as we learn to examine our lives, repent and confess our sins and ask Jesus for forgiveness
- We live “in Christ’ as we become emotionally joined to the life, death and resurrection life of Jesus and accept our dependence on Him
- Life in Jesus grows as we clean out our personal spiritual garbage through repentance and Confession.
- Holy Spirit comes to everyone who makes a decision to invite Him
- Holy Spirit guides us in cleaning out our spiritual garbage
- Holy Spirit lives in our Personal Spirit as our connection to God
- Holy Spirit guides us in the details of daily life as the voice of Jesus
We all have a personal spirit, body and soul. Our Personal Spirit is connected to God – and to our Soul. But our Soul is also connected to our body - our mind, will and desires. There is a tension, a conflict between the desires of our body, mind and will – and what our personal Spirit is hearing from God. Which is going to be in control of our soul and determine the direction of our life?
- Our spiritual life depends on the strength of our Personal Spirit and its ability to influence the Soul to limit the demands of our body
- If we have invited the Holy Spirit into our lives and cleaned out our spiritual pollution our Personal Spirit is energized and strengthened by the Holy Spirit and we can live in close relationship to God
- We can be in relationship to God who is holy because our sinful human life has been covered by a holy spiritual life in Christ!